Wednesday, March 21, 2018

The back cover for my newest book PELAGIC. I had a wonderful time today at the Sneads Ferry Book Club. This was my second visit. Thank you so  much to my readers-I'm go appreciative of your interest in my books. PELAGIC is one of my favorites-it was a labor of love, but well worth the experience.
The best I can figure is two people came to Topsail long ago--one said, 'hell, I can make a bunch of money off of this place.' The other said, "what a lovely untouched place where I can live life simply enjoying the beauty.' That's kind of how I see things--I think the former person sucked the life out of our island and the latter loved it for its simple beauty.  Oscar Wilde put it more eloquently when he said "Now days people know the cost of everything and the value of nothing."

No comments:

Post a Comment