Saturday, June 24, 2017


     Yesterday I was doing my daily walk--early AM, I mean EARLY,  and I came upon a pair of sunglasses. This is not unusual, I find stuff all the time as I walk (hats, glasses, knives,etc) so I thought, I'll give them to one of my friends. Well, lo and behold one of my friends was walking his dog on the beach--I saw him in the distance, walked the steps to his beach house and showed him my find.
     Long story short, they were Costa sunglasses and not knock offs either. The real thing. My friend,  Jim affirmed that, he would know (with the help of his computer)
     These I keep. These I need, don't I? After all, isn't it chic, fashionable stuff that makes us important--takes away all ills, sadness and all other sorts of crap. Well, the moment I tried them on--holy moly! I became younger, prettier, more intelligent, kinder, more understanding, a better person all around! Amazing what expensive stuff will do. I'm going to have to try this sort of thing more often.
    I think I can tell the difference between the Costas and the Panama Jack's--yes, yes, I think I can!

QUOTE: It has always seemed strange to me...the things we admire in men, kindness and generosity, openness, honesty, understanding and feeling, are the concomitants of failure in our system. And those traits we detest, sharpness, greed, acquisitiveness, meanness, egotism and self interest, are the traits of success. And while men admire the quality of the first they love the produce of the second--John Steinbeck.

WRITING TIP: Find that place that is the sweetest place to write from.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment