Friday, May 5, 2017

Ominous, Ominous...geez what a stormy morning and day we have had. Good day to stay inside and read a book or watch movies. One could say it was an ugly day, but isn't this photo beautiful--hmm--point of view. Can't get over point of view. POV is such an involved, intricate thing.  I was reminded again of POV as I watched WINTER'S TALE (within the safety and dryness of my abode) a movie starring Russell Crowe (be still my heart) and Colin Ferrel. I had read the book and was wowed! Helprin's writing is outstanding and makes my imagination shift into overdrive. But the movie-YUCK. Even sweet Crowe could not save it. On the other hand, I watched THE READER, written by Bernard Schlink--OMG! more, I want more. The movie was so well done, and the story made me want to read the book. Don't you find it is usually the opposite? Anyway--THE READER was such a moving, intricate story; it made me question right and wrong (one of my favorite things to question)
So for the day, it has been beautiful--a beautiful reading and watching experience. And God did make it lovely outside--from my point of view.

No comments:

Post a Comment