Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Got on the beach early this morning--the moon was still high in the sky--cool and crisp. It reminded me of how, when I was a kid, I used to spend the night fishing on Barnacle Bill's Fishing Pier. That was pretty cool that my daddy let me do that when I was nine or ten, but he did. You know, when you're a kid staying up all night long is a big deal--watching the sun peak from behind the clouds, watching the colors change and expand, then diminish, that's a big deal too--it still is.

quote: The most important things are the hardest things to say.They are the things you get ashamed of because the words diminish your feelings-words shrink things that seem timeless when they are in your head to no more than living size when they are brought out--Stephen King.

No comments:

Post a Comment